Family Law Support Services
Empowering women as they navigate family court.
Navigating the family court system in Arizona can often be a difficult and confusing process to manage on your own.
Get the knowledge and resource necessary to effectively advocate for yourself and your family.
Our Family Law Support Services include:
- Special topic classes led by licensed attorneys on the divorce process, how to prepare for your court date, navigate child support, orders of protection, asset division, spousal maintenance, and more
- Document preparation services, available at a reduced fee
- “Law Day for Women,” a quarterly community-wide event that offers free, one-on-one meetings with volunteer attorneys to answer legal questions on areas of law including bankruptcy, family, employment, immigration, landlord/tenant, tax, wills and trusts, and more!
Disclaimer: Fresh Start Women’s Foundation strives to offer the best services possible to all women in the community seeking Family Law support. Please keep in mind that there may be some matters that involve complex circumstances and elements that are beyond Fresh Start’s level of expertise. We can, however, provide you with referrals and resources within the community to better serve you and your needs in these cases.
Special topic classes
Special topic classes are led by licensed attorneys and professionals from our community who are experts in their field.
- Family Court Preparation and Q&A: This workshop covers the basics of family court. It discusses different legal documents, common mistakes, and how to handle your own appearance at trial. This is a nonconfidential classroom setting and the instructor cannot provide legal advice.
- Gaining Control: Divorce Changes Everything: Discover how to gain control by understanding the key factors of divorce. Learn about Asset Division, Child Support and Spousal Maintenance. The instructor will provide you with the answers to your questions surrounding the financial aspects of divorce to help you build confidence during this difficult transition.
- Preparing and Presenting Your Case with Community Legal Services: CLS attorneys will teach you how to prepare and present your case in court following the Arizona Statutes and Rules that govern every family law case. CLS attorneys will provide information, resources, and helpful tips about the Family Court processes, from filing your petition or response to successfully representing yourself in trial. This is a nonconfidential classroom setting, and the instructor cannot provide legal advice.
Document preparation services
Fresh Start offers women access to Certified Legal Document Preparers (CLDPs) to assist you with your family law matter, at a reduced fee.
Our CLDPs can provide document preparation and general family law information pertaining to legal rights, procedures or options available to individuals not represented by an attorney.
Although you typically begin receiving document preparation services at the beginning of a family court matter, this service is available at any point during your court case.
All document preparation services are by appointment only and are available for both English and Spanish-speaking clients.