Pillar partner: Family Stability
A valued partner for many years, Community Legal Services provides pro
bono family law services to women facing barriers in the legal system.
This fiscal year—in an exciting, new development to our partnership—
Community Legal Services began co-locating on the Fresh Start campus,
giving our Family Law Support clients direct access to vital legal advice and
in-court representation. For women facing transportation or accessibility
issues, this update has proven to be deeply impactful.
Community Legal Services provides legal support in these areas:
– Domestic violence
– Consumer Problems: Debt collections & bankruptcy
– Family Law: Divorce, child & bankruptcy custody, guardianship
– Employment Problems: Wages & discrimination
– Housing: Eviction, foreclosure, discrimination Fair Housing Act violations, bad living conditions
– Public Benefits: Nutrition Assistance, AHCCCS, SSI, Veterans, Social Security, & Cash Assistance